Livestock Quality Assurance (QA) Policy
- Due to regulations from the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Quality Assurance (QA) training is required of youth livestock exhibitors across the state of Ohio for the duration of one hour. All ten areas of QA must be covered while focusing on three areas as specified by the state animal sciences department.
- All livestock exhibitors (rabbits, beef, swine, poultry, dairy, goats and sheep) are required to meet the above QA guidelines.
- Those passing the available pre-test will “test-out” of QA. The test is ONLY available to exhibitors who are 12-14 years may test out, but once they turn 15 they must test out again. If you are 15 or older pass the test, you will be done with Quality Assurance for the rest of your time as a 4-H member.
Options for youth exhibitors to meet this Quality Assurance requirement for 2019.
- Attend General Quality Assurance at the Van Wert County Extension Office (Jr. Fair Building) on one the following dates:
- Sunday March 3rd 2:00p.m.
- Monday April 22 QA 6:00 Test Out, 7:00 QA
- For those exhibitors who wish to test out please arrive to QA one hour prior to start.
- Attend Youth BQA Training at Ohio Beef Expo on Friday March 15th at 1:00pm in Cooper Arena. Please check the Beef Expo Webpage out for more details regarding this event. http://www.ohiobeefexpo.com
ALL TESTS AND TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED
NO LATER THAN 45 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF FAIR.
- Parents with Youth in their first or second year are STRONGLY encouraged to attend Quality Assurance.
- There will be a brief county program update for all junior fair exhibitors during Quality Assurance sessions. This printed handout will explain any new rules or changes.
Drug Use Notification Forms (DUNF)
- Animals are to be drug residue legal the FIRST day of fair. The Junior Fair Board and official Junior Fair Veterinarian shall approve any treatment administered at the start of the fair.
- DUNF’s are REQUIRED for all market animals to cross scales for weigh
- Lactating animals must have their DUNF’s turned in by 12:00 noon on Wednesday of the fair in the Junior Fair Board Office.
- Those individuals who do not complete and turn in DUNF’s will not be permitted to sell through the Junior Fair Livestock Sale. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Those with incomplete or incorrect forms will have 24 hours’ notice to return corrected forms. Exhibitors failing to return corrected forms will not be allowed to sell their animal(s) through the Junior Fair Livestock Sale.