2020 Jr. Fair Board Re-Enrollment Application
- Application due to your FFA Advisors or the OSU Extension Office no later than November 1, 2019. Late applications may not be accepted.
- Returning Junior Fair Board Members must reapply each year (but do not need to turn in reference letters with their application). Please be aware that those members who have completed one year on the board will be asked to return for an interview and may not be selected to return for 2020.
- Re-Enrollment Applications
2020 Jr. Fair Board NEW Application
The Jr. Fair Board is a group of Jr. Fair teen members selected to assist in being responsible for Jr. Fair activities. As a result of participation, Jr. Fair Board members will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the Van Wert County Jr. Fair program will be strengthened and expanded. Roles and Responsibilities of Jr. Fair Board Members include:
- Representing the parent organization with ideas for rules and guidelines for shows & activities.
- Assisting with January and July Weigh-In and Tagging
- Serving as a superintendent of a barn during Fair
- Record keeping and reporting as a show secretary during livestock shows
- Helping with the Jr. Fair Livestock Sale
- Assisting with Coronation
- Assisting with displays and booths
- Helping with 4-H livestock judging
- Helping with Quality Assurance Training
- Reporting media and photographs to local newspapers and online.
- Must be a Van Wert County Jr. Fair member in GOOD standing.
- Must be at least 15 years old or a Freshman in High School.
- Must be able to get transportation to meetings and events as needed.
- Must sign Code of Conduct or Other Contract as directed by Jr. Fair Board.
Jr. Fair Board meets throughout the year on an average of once a month. Meetings vary with days that fit board member’s needs, but are usually 8:00am on Saturdays. Board members are expected to attend meetings